Reports Analysis Division
REPORTS ANALYSIS DIVISION MISSION STATEMENT
The ultimate mission of the Reports Analysis Division (RAD) is to ensure that campaigns and political committees file timely and accurate reports that fully disclose their financial activities. RAD is responsible for reviewing statements and financial reports filed by political committees participating in Federal elections, providing assistance and guidance to the committees to properly file their reports, and for taking appropriate action to ensure compliance with the FECA. By enforcing the rules in a fair and objective manner, RAD fosters the electorate’s faith in the ultimate integrity of the nation’s political process.
The Reports Analysis Division is composed of 45 analysts tasked with reviewing approximately 50,000 financial reports per year. Each analyst is assigned 250-500 committees and is available to assist committee representatives over the phone on a daily basis. The division assists committee officials in complying with reporting requirements and conducts detailed examinations of the campaign finance reports filed by political committees. RAD also implements the agency's Non-Filer and Administrative Fine programs, prepares reports filed on paper for scanning, and ensures that itemized transactions are properly entered and categorized in the FEC database. For more information, see our Overview of the RAD Review Process [pdf].
Helpful Links to General Questions:
- Reporting and Filing Information
- Requests for Additional Information (RFAIs)
- Late Filing and Other Enforcement Penalties
- Electronic Filing and Passwords
- Images of Campaign Finance Reports
- Best Practices to Avoid Pitfalls
- RAD Brochure
- Bitcoin FAQ
For more information about specific committee types and compliance topics use the links below:
The FEC is available to assist you via telephone Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm EST.
- To contact your campaign finance analyst with reporting questions: Call (202)-694-1130 to reach the Reports Analysis Division.
- For members of the public with general questions about campaign finance: Call (202)-694-1100 to speak to Information Division staff.
- For technical issues with FECFile electronic filing software or electronic filing: Call (202)-694-1642 to speak to Electronic Filing Office staff.
- The FEC is also available toll free at 800-424-9530. Press 5 for the Reports Analysis Division, 4 for Electronic Filing Office and 6 for the Information Division.
Let us know how we can help you!
If you have suggestions on how to make improvements to the RAD web page or comments about the customer service you have received from RAD, please email us at: RAD@fec.gov (Note: this email address is for feedback only).
Our current process does not allow for email communications. If you have a specific reporting question, please contact your analyst or the Information Division at the numbers above.