Administrative Fine Program
The Administrative Fine Program ("AFP") is based on amendments to the Federal Election Campaign Act ("the Act") that permit the FEC to impose fines, calculated using published schedules, for violations of reporting requirements that relate to the reporting periods that end on or before December 31, 2018.
The Commission may assess civil money penalties (fines) for violations involving:
- Failure to file reports on time;
- Failure to file reports at all; and
- Failure to file 48-hour notices.
- How to Submit a Challenge
- Covered Reports
- How to Calculate Fines
- How to File Suit
- How to Pay
- How Unpaid Fines are Collected