|Litigation Home||Ongoing Litigation||Selected Cases||Alphabetical Case Index|
Legal Center v.
On August 2, 2019, the Campaign Legal Center (CLC) and Catherine Hinckley Kelley (together, plaintiffs) filed suit against the Commission in the District Court for the District of Columbia. Plaintiffs seek declaratory and injunctive relief against the Commission for the dismissal of their administrative complaint against Correct the Record (CTR) and Hillary for America.
The administrative complaint, filed on October 6, 2016, had alleged that CTR made, and Hillary for America accepted, unreported excessive and prohibited contributions in the form of coordinated expenditures.
On June 4, 2019, the Commission was equally divided on whether to find reason to believe that CTR and Hillary for America violated the Federal Election Campaign Act and closed the file.
Plaintiffs claim that the Commission's failure to find reason to believe was arbitrary, capricious, and contrary to law, and seek a judicial declaration to that effect as well as an order requiring the FEC to conform to that declaration within 30 days.
Source: FEC Record--August 2019
Court Decisions and Related Documents
Court Decisions :
Related Documents :
- Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Support of Defendant-Intervenors' Amended Motion to Dismiss Plaintiffs' Amended Complaint (2/4/20) [PDF; 37 pages]
- FEC's Certified List of Administrative Record Documents in MUR 7146 (1/6/20) [PDF; 4 pages]
- FEC's Notice of Filing of Certified List of Administrative Record Documents in MUR 7146 (1/6/20) [PDF; 1 page]
- Plaintiffs' Opposition to Correct the Record's and Hillary for America's Second Motion to Intervene (11/15/19) [PDF; 3 pages]
- Amended Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (10/29/19) [PDF; 30 pages]
- Reply in Support of Hillary for America's and Correct the Record's Motion to Intervene (10/29/19) [PDF; 27 pages]
- Plaintiffs' Opposition to Correct the Record's and Hillary for America's Motion to Intervene (10/15/19) [PDF; 20 pages]
- Motion to Intervene as Defendants (10/1/19) [PDF; 20 pages]
- Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (8/2/19) [PDF; 24 pages]